Early On® Michigan
When a baby is born, every parent hopes that he/she will have a healthy baby. Sometimes, however, things don't go as planned. The baby may be ill or may seem slow in doing things such as smiling, sitting up or speaking. Early On specializes in evaluating and treating children that are not developing at the same rate as other children. This can include physical, mental, communication, adaptive, social or emotional development.
If you have a concern about a baby's health or development, Early On serves infants and toddlers from birth to 36 months with developmental delay or conditions that could lead to such delay. It has been well established that early intervention is an effective way to prevent or reduce problems for children at a later age. Call 1-800-EarlyOn (800-327-5966) to confidentially discuss concerns.
Early On is offered by the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) as the state lead agency. MDE collaborates with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services in implementing the Early On system. For more information about Early On, please go to https://1800earlyon.org.
The vision of Early On Michigan is to improve the quality of life for children with special needs, age birth to five, and their families.
We are now in Phase III of our State Systemic Improvement Plan. Click this link for our SSIP web page.
Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Public Reporting of Data
Federal regulations implementing the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) at Section 303.702(b)(1)(i)(A) require public reporting on the performance of each early intervention program on the targets established in the State Performance Plan for each of the priority areas for Part C (Birth through age 2), Early On Michigan.
Specific questions regarding the Early On or infant/toddler content of the Public Report should be addressed to Vanessa Winborne at MDE-SPP-Public-Reporting@michigan.gov or 517-335-4865.
Early On Michigan Organizations
- Center for Educational Networking
- Early On Michigan Major Grantees
- Early On Michigan Website
- Early On State Interagency Team
- Early On Training & Technical Assistance Website
- Michigan Alliance for Families
- Michigan Interagency Coordinating Council
Early On Policies
- Autism Materials for Families and Professionals
- Early On Michigan Glossary
- How to File a Complaint
- Transition to Kindergarten Parent Guides
- Michigan FFY14 Annual Performance Report (submitted February 2016)
Indicator 11 & State Systemic Improvement Plan Phase II Report (submitted March 2016)
- Michigan FFY16 Part C Application (submitted 4/21/16)
- Revised State Performance Plan (submitted 2/15/13)
Many procedural documents are also posted on the Early On Training and Technical Assistance website: http://eotta.ccresa.org.
- 2015-2016 Final Early On Formula Allocations
- 5-3-12 Memo - Maintenance of Effort as Required Under IDEA
- 5-16-16 Memo - New Authorization to Share Forms
- 9-6-16 Memo - Michigan Part C Determination
- 9-13-16 Memo - Clarification Around Request for Protected Information and Authorization to Release Early On Records Forms
- 9-23-16 Memo - Periodic Review vs. Annual IFSP Meeting
- Authorization to Release Early On Record
- Early On Consent to Evaluate
- Early On Consultants and EOT&TA Specialist Assignments
- Early On Due Process Complaint Procedures
- Early On Established Conditions List (Revised 1/2016) & Clarification on the Early On Established Conditions List and FAQ Regarding Established Conditions
- Early On Prior Written Notice and Consent for Screening
- Early On Request for Information (Non-Health)
- Early On Request for Protected Information (Health)
- Essentials of Early On Training Memo (2-4-15)
- Feeding and Swallowing Concerns Guidance Document 2015
- How do I begin the process of becoming Endorsed® by MI-AIMH?
- Implementation Guide to Natural Environments
- Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) Checklist (Word format)
- Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) Elements
- Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) Prototype (Word format)
- Maintenance of Effort Process
- Maintenance of Effort Q&A
- Periodic Review vs. Annual IFSP Meeting Guidance
- Personnel Standards (2-4-15)
- Personnel Standards and Essentials of Early On Training FAQs (2-4-15)
- Questions and Answers Regarding Data Collection for Young Children Under Three Year of Age
Vanessa Winborne, Part C Coordinator
Laura Goldthwait, Consultant
Kelly Hurshe, Consultant
Colleen O'Connor, Consultant
Barb Schinderle, MICC Liaison
Cheryl Najm, Departmental Analyst