"Early/Middle College School" means a stand-alone public high school, a school within a school, a Public School Academy (PSA) or a Shared Educational Entity (SEE) designed to allow a pupil to earn a high school diploma and either an associate's degree, the Michigan Early/Middle College Association (MEMCA) technical certification or up to 60 transferable college credits at the same time.
'Early/Middle College Program' is a five-year high school program designed to allow a pupil to earn a high school diploma and substantial college credit through an additional fifth year of study.A formal agreement with each postsecondary partner is required.
Early/Middle College High Schools can begin as early as 9th or 10th grade.Students attend for five years and follow a specific, five-year program of instruction.
- MEMCA MEMCA is a voluntary organization comprised of educators from K-12 and higher education, state officials and business members throughout the State of Michigan. Please click the link to learn more and for contact information.
- 2015 MEMCA Winter Conference Presentations
- Data Tells a Story MEMCA Presentation
- Working with Kids in Poverty MEMCA Presentation
- Early Middle College "DESIGN PRINCIPLES"
- MEMCA "Upcoming Dates"
- Early College News
- Early College Expansion Executive Summary
- Helping Districts Reinvent High Schools for Postsecondary Success
- Using a Federal Grant to Hook Kids on the STEM Subjects-and College
- Early/Middle College Presentation on 2/27 @LCC W/MDE & CEPI
- MDE 2015 Early/Middle College High School Application
- MDE 2015 Early/Middle College Program Application
- Supplemental Payment for Dual Enrollment "Incentive Claim Sheet"
- Sports "MHSAA Eligibility Regulations"
- Regional Cluster Meetings "EMC Self-Reflection Rubric" for new EMCs
- SEE Decision Matrix
- Pupil Accounting Manual - Early-Middle Colleges
- Pupil Accounting Manual - Dual Enrollment
- Earning College Credit in High School: A Synopsis of Opportunities
- Early Middle College Options Matrix January 2014
- ASCD Article - What Makes a Student College Ready
- College Readiness Curriculum Rubric