The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
The Michigan State Legislature passed the Postsecondary Enrollment Options Act (1996 PA 160) and the Career and Technical Preparation Act (2000 PA 258) also known as the "Dual Enrollment" Bills. These Bills modify and expand on provisions of the State School Aid Act providing for students to earn college credit while in high school. The Bills also require that the Board of a school District or Public School Academy (PSA) ensure that each student in eighth grade or higher be given information about college course-taking opportunities. The classes that students are eligible for must not be offered by the high school or PSA and must lead towards postsecondary credit, accreditation, certification, and/or licensing.
MDE Dual Enrollment Contact: Jeff McNeal 517-241-6958
- Dual Enrollment Calculation Worksheet (Updated 8/25/22)
- Nonpublic Dual Enrollment Billing Form (Updated 8/25/22)
- Career and Technical Preparation Act
- Dual Enrollment FAQs (Updated August 2017)
- Dual Enrollment Legislative Report 2020
- Postsecondary Enrollment Options Act
- Qualifying Scores for Dual Enrollment
- Sample Postsecondary Eligibility Letter
- Sample Principal Letter (Updated 9/20/22)