Safe Sleep for Infants
Follow these tips for safe sleep during every nap and night-time routine:
- Place your baby on their back, in a crib, bassinet or pack and play, with nothing else in their sleep environment (plan ahead and take a portable crib when you travel).
- Use a firm mattress with a tightly fitted sheet.
- Keep baby’s sleep space clutter free – no pillows, blankets or toys.
- Avoid covering baby’s head or overheating. Instead of a blanket, consider using a sleep sack, wearable blanket or footed sleeper to keep baby warm.
- Remind everyone who cares for your baby, including babysitters and family members, how to keep baby safe while sleeping.
- Infant Safe Sleep Conference Save The Date
- Families urged to provide a safe sleep space for baby during holiday travel
- Get Involved During Safe Sleep Month with these Ten Easy Outreach Activities in Your Local Community
- Help us Save Lives - September is Infant Safe Sleep Month in Michigan
- Product Recalls by Consumer Product Safety Commission