Safe Sleep Resources
In order to protect the lives of infants in Michigan, we need your help. Take the time to understand the safe sleep guidelines and educate your clients, partner, friends and family. Most people think this would never happen to them, but the sad reality is that a baby dies every three days in Michigan and these deaths are 100% preventable.
- Soothing a Crying Baby
- Infant Safe Sleep Poster
- Dos and Don'ts of Infant Safe Sleep Poster
- Infant Safe Sleep Brochure
- Un sueño seguro para su bebé cartel Infant Safe Sleep Poster - Spanish
- Infant Safe Sleep Brochure (Arabic)
- Video Library Hear from parents and professionals that have dealt with the loss of a baby due to unsafe sleep environments.
- Order Safe Sleep Materials http://www.healthymichigan.com/
- Is Your Baby's Crib Safe?
Determine if your baby's crib is safe, view crib and other infant/child product recall information.
- Online Training on Infant Safe Sleep for Health Care Providers 1.5 Nursing contact hours and 1.5 Social Work clock hours are awarded for successful completion. At the login screen, enter your User ID and password and click Go. First time users, click Create New User button and complete the Create New User pop-up. Once logged in, locate the "Infant Safe Sleep for Health Care Providers" course (Catalog ID SO100-2016) and click Launch Course.
Child Care Provider Resources
- Online Training on Infant Safe Sleep for Child Care Providers At the login screen, enter your User ID and password and click Go. First time users will need to click the Create New User button and complete the Create New User pop-up. Once logged in, locate the "Infant Safe Sleep for Child Care Providers" course (Catalog ID: I0200) and click the Launch Course icon to the left of the course name.
- Frequently Asked Questions on Licensing Rules Related to Infant Safe Sleep
- Infant Safe Sleep Child Care Rules - BCAL PUB-780
First Responder Resources
- DOSE - Direct On Scene Education Information and resources for first responders on how to identify and remove hazards from an infant's sleep space while on scene during emergency and non-emergency 911 calls.
- Learn More About DOSE in Michigan To learn more about the DOSE program in Michigan or to schedule a training, please contact: Terrie S. Godde (CCP, EMS IC), EMS Education Coordinator State of Michigan, Department of Community Health EMS Section 201 Townsend St. 6th floor Lansing, MI 48913 email@example.com (517) 335-1825