Bridge Card Participation
- Retailers interested in accepting the Bridge Card for food benefits purchases must be authorized by Food and Nutrition Services (FNS). To become an authorized retailer, apply online at www.fns.usda.gov/snap. or call the Food Assistance Program field office at 877-823-4369.
- Retailers not authorized by FNS are eligible to participate by accepting the Bridge Card for cash benefits only, and must contact Retailer Operations to receive a survey form and a list of certified Third Party Providers with which they may contract to provide EBT cash benefit services. If you would like this information mailed to you, or if you have questions regarding your contract, call Retailer Operations at 1-888-529-1693.
- USDA and Food Assistance Program (FAP) The Food Assistance Program (FAP) regulations, as issued by the USDA and Food and Nutrition Service (FNS), must continue to be followed under the EBT Program.
- Eligible Food Assistance Program (FAP) Benefit Purchases Review eligible food items regulated by the United States Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service division.
- Eligible Cash Purchases
With their cash benefits, clients may purchase both food and/or non-food items in your store.
Retailers may charge any sort of fee for cash assistance but not for food benefit purchases, nor may a retailer set any minimum purchase amount for food benefit purchases. The clients who are receiving case benefits.
- Integrated Integrated retailers have contracted for commercial debit and credit services through a Third Party Processor and own or lease their own POS devices.
- EBT Only
These retailers are either not equipped with POS devices to accept credit or debit cards, or do not choose to use them for the Bridge Card.
- Manual Vouchers Only
These stores do less than $100 a month in Food Assistance Program (FAP) benefit business and are not provided with POS equipment.
- Using the Quest Logo The QUEST Mark, acquired by the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) exclusively for use in conjunction with EBT, is the logo that enables recipients to easily identify merchants and ATM terminals where their card is accepted.
- QUEST Operating Rules The rules are the basis for nationwide EBT. By relying on uniform rules that are the same from state to state and the "piggyback" on commercial relationships, QUEST EBT ...
- The EBT Council The council is an emancipated group within the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA).