PA 161 Program
The Michigan Department of Community Health Oral Health Program (MDCH-OHP) administers the PA 161: Public Dental Prevention Program (PA 161 Program). This program allows a collaborative practice between dental hygienists and dentists to allow preventive oral health services on unassigned and underserved populations in the state of Michigan. Through approved applications, non profit agencies can use dental hygienist service providers to administer preventive services to those in the state most in need of oral health care.
A PA 161 Public Dental Prevention Program is not a Public Health license for dental hygienists. This program allows a dental hygienist to work within a PA 161 Program to provide preventive services to the underserved.
- PA 161, Application - DCH-1293
- PA 161, Guidelines/Instructions - DCH-1293-G
- PA 161 Program Directory
- PA 161, Change Notification - DCH-1293-A
- Public Act 161 House Bill
- "Second Pair of Hands" Legislation
- PA 161 2014 Annual Report
- PA 161 2015 Survey Results
Erin Suddeth, RDH,BS,MPA