- MDOT is working to create a better, safer roadway for all users by providing a variety of services and information supporting walking and bicycling, including:
- Training for engineers and planners
- Educational and safety videos and publications
- Road and trail bicycle maps to view, order or print
- U.S. Bicycle Routes 10, 20 and 35 information
- State and national parks information for bicyclists
- Information on the use of ferries and major bridges
Bicyclists are urged to prepare their own assessment of traffic, roads, and trails, and plan routes appropriate to their riding skills.
Explore Michigan by bicycle! For additional information on bicycling in Michigan or possible routes contact the League of Michigan Bicyclists (LMB) at 517-334-9100 or Michigan Trails and Greenways Alliance (MTGA) at 517-485-6022.