The Michigan Department of Transportation is working to create a better and safer roadway for all legal users by providing a variety of services and information supporting walking and bicycling including:
- Training for engineers and planners
- Educational and safety videos and publications on bicycling and walking
- Road and Trail Bicycle Maps to view, order or print
- U.S. Bicycle Routes 20 and 35 information
- State and National Parks information for bicyclists
- Information on the use of ferries and major bridges MDOT works to bring this information as a service to the biking public
Bicyclists are urged to prepare their own assessment of traffic, roads, and trails and plan routes appropriate to their riding skills.
Discover the advantages of exploring Michigan by bicycle!
For Michigan bicycling information, call The League of Michigan Bicyclists at 517-334-9100.
Request a free Michigan Biking & Tourism Information packet.