Commercial Vehicle Enforcement
Programs and Services
- Commercial Vehicle Enforcement OverviewThe Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division is responsible for the staffing and operation of 14 scale facilities and conducts road patrol activities focused on commercial vehicle enforcement.
- VIDEO: Special Truck Enforcement Team (STET)What's a STET? We explain it in a short video.
- Medical WaiversThe Motor Carrier Safety Appeal Board was created by the Motor Carrier Safety Act. The purpose of the board is to hear and decide applications for waivers from medical requirements of this act and the rules promulgated under this act.
- Training Unit
- Investigation UnitThe Investigation Unit is responsible for a broad area of Motor Carrier enforcement. Motor Carrier Investigators handle in-depth, often time consuming, inquiries into criminal and regulatory violations in the commercial vehicle industry.
- Motor Carrier Officer RecruitingContact a recruiter to become a Motor Carrier Officer.
- School Bus Inspection ProgramThe Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division is responsible for the annual inspection of every yellow school bus and pupil transportation vehicle operated in the state. Michigan has approximately 17,000 vehicles that transport in excess of 800,000 children over 10 million miles annually.
Publications, Forms and Statistics
- Michigan Passenger Transportation Guidebook
- Farmer's Transportation Guidebook This document discusses those regulations that generate the most questions and concern among farmers.
- Michigan School Bus Inspection ReportSchool bus inspection results.
- Instructions for Completing the Truck Portion of the UD-10 Crash Report
- Motor Carrier Safety Act Overview
- 2013 Updated Spring Weight Restriction Bulletin No. 11 (May 10, 2013)
- 2013 Updated Spring Weight Restriction Bulletin No. 9 (April 23, 2013)
- 2013 Updated Spring Weight Restriction Bulletin No. 8 (April 16, 2013)
- 2013 Updated Spring Weight Restriction Bulletin No. 7 (April 12, 2013)
- 2013 Updated Spring Weight Restriction Bulletin No. 6 (April 12, 2013)
- 2013 Updated Spring Weight Restriction Bulletin No. 5 (April 2, 2013)
- 2013 Updated Spring Weight Restriction Bulletin No. 4 (March 26, 2013)
- 2013 Weight Restriction for Lower Peninsula
- 2013 General Spring Weight Restriction Information
- 2013 General Spring Weight Restriction Information - Bulletin No. 1
- Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Quarterly
- FAQs: Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) Hand-Held Mobile Telephone Ban
- MSP Recruits: 18th Motor Carrier Recruit School
- Motor Carrier Officer Recruiting
- LISTSERV of Commercial Vehicle Topics
- Hazardous Materials Information
- Commercial Vehicle-Related Sites