Commercial Vehicle Enforcement
The Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) Motor Carrier Division is now under the direction of the Michigan State Police and has moved out of the MPSC office located at 7109 W. Saginaw Highway in Lansing. The new physical location is at the Michigan State Police Headquarters located at 333 S. Grand Avenue, Lansing. All staff telephone numbers and email addresses remain the same. Call the main line at 517-284-8110 if you have any questions.
Please note, there is no semi-truck parking available at 333 S. Grand Avenue.
Programs and Services
- Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Overview
The Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division is responsible for the staffing and operation of 14 scale facilities and conducts road patrol activities focused on commercial vehicle enforcement.
- VIDEO: Special Truck Enforcement Team (STET) What's a STET? We explain it in a short video.
- Medical Waivers The Motor Carrier Safety Appeal Board was created by the Motor Carrier Safety Act. The purpose of the board is to hear and decide applications for waivers from medical requirements of this act and the rules promulgated under this act.
- Training Unit
- Investigation Unit
The Investigation Unit is responsible for a broad area of Motor Carrier enforcement. Motor Carrier Investigators handle in-depth, often time consuming, inquiries into criminal and regulatory violations in the commercial vehicle industry.
- Motor Carrier Officer Recruiting Contact a recruiter to become a Motor Carrier Officer.
- Inside the School Bus Inspection Program The Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division is responsible for the annual inspection of every yellow school bus and pupil transportation vehicle operated in the state. Michigan has approximately 17,000 vehicles that transport in excess of 800,000 children over 10 million miles annually.