- Marilyn Fitzgerald, Ph.D. will speak at our October 13, 2016 meeting in Traverse City
Dr. Marilyn Fitzgerald, the founder of Common Ground Solutions, will speak at the October 13, 2016 meeting of the Michigan Women's Commission, to be held at the Great Wolf Lodge, 3575 N US Hwy 31 S, Traverse City MI 49684. The meeting begins at 2:00 p.m.
Dr. Fitzgerald founded Common Ground Solutions based on the understanding the world needs a new model to address the ever-widening gap between the wealthy and those living in extreme poverty. Her organization is dedicated to research and the endorsement of proven business models that provide opportunity for the poor to determine their own path leading toward financial independence and economic prosperity. In her book, If I Had a Water Buffalo: Microfinance as a Means to Sustainability, Dr. Fitzgeral shares her experiences, lessons learned, and pathways forward for individuals and organization seeking sustainable outcomes.
- Governor Snyder makes appointments, re-appointments to the Michigan Women's Commission
- MWC Meeting Friday, August 12 in Grand Rapids
- Susy Avery, Executive Director, Retires
- Webinar on Women and Apprenticeship this Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 2 - 3 PM
- 7th Anniversary of Lily Ledbetter Equal Pay Act
- Michigan's lodging and tourism industry combats commercial exploitation of children