- August 12, 2016 Meeting of the Michigan Women's Commission
Cailin Crockett to speak about gender violence at August 12, 2016 meeting in Grand Rapids
Cailin Crockett, a Gender Specialist in the Bureau for Policy and Program Support in the United Nations Development Program, will speak at the August 12 meeting of the Michigan Women's Commission, scheduled for 2:00 p.m. at the Seideman Business Center, on the Grand Valley State University Campus in downtown Grand Rapids. Cailin is an advisor for life course issues impacting women and girls, and is drafting new strategies to include older women (ages 50+) in work to end poverty and reduce inequalities in 170 countries. She is on temporary loan from the United States Department of Health and Human Services, where she serves as Special Assistant for Gender Policy and Elder Rights, focusing on gender violence and older women's health. She has a special interest in violence against women and increasing government attention to underserved survivors - including older women, women and girls with disabilities, and indigenous women and girls - both in the United States and globally.
- Susy Avery, Executive Director, Retires
- Webinar on Women and Apprenticeship this Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 2 - 3 PM
- 7th Anniversary of Lily Ledbetter Equal Pay Act
- Michigan's lodging and tourism industry combats commercial exploitation of children
- Watch this video about human trafficking in Michigan!
- New Title IX Resource Guide Issued