- Gov. Rick Snyder addresses the issue of campus sexual assault in the 2017 Michigan State of the State speech
Gov. Snyder highlighted efforts to end campus sexual assault in the 2017 Michigan State of the State address. He said "We need to do everything to keep our college and university campuses safe. Michigan has become a national leader on this and I'm proud of what the First Lady Sue Snyder has done and her legislative partners. They have been a great team for their leadership on this issue and I'd love to give them a shout out for their leadership on this topic. They've held a second summit now, they had over 500 people in attendance from all across the state of Michigan and were doing grants to multiple colleges, 18 colleges and universities, with $500,000 in grants to do better on this topic. We need to keep that up."
For more on this initiative, see http://www.endcampussexualassault.com/
- Michigan Women's Commission to meet January 24, 2017, in Lansing.
- Gov. Snyder names Mary Engelman as Executive Director of the Michigan Women's Commission
- Michigan Women's Commission meets Oct. 13 in Traverse City
- Governor Snyder makes appointments, re-appointments to the Michigan Women's Commission
- Susy Avery, Executive Director, Retires
- Webinar on Women and Apprenticeship this Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 2 - 3 PM