Women and Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship offers women the opportunity to earn a salary while learning the skills necessary to succeed in well-paying occupations.What are the benefits to being an apprentice? Benefits include a paycheck from day one; hands on career training; an education and the potential to earn college credit; and a career once you complete your apprenticeship. To learn more about these benefits, visit or call the nearest local area Michigan Works! Agency to identify apprenticeship opportunities in the trade or industry of interest to you. Or contact an employer or union engaged in the trade or industry you want to enter. Here's a list of Michigan apprenticeship programs http://www.michigan.gov/wda/0,5303,7-304-64362_73460-362385--,00.html
Check out the U.S. Department of Labor Women's Bureau resources page Women Build, Protect and Move America to find information and resources about women accessing higher-paying careers in transportation, construction and protective services.
- Webinar on Women and Apprenticeship this Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 2 - 3 PM
- 7th Anniversary of Lily Ledbetter Equal Pay Act
- Michigan's lodging and tourism industry combats commercial exploitation of children
- Watch this video about human trafficking in Michigan!
- New Title IX Resource Guide Issued
- "My heart just told me I had to do something" Commissioner Cathy Knauf on human trafficking