Skip Navigation
Michigan Business, official portal for the State of Michigan Home
  • One Stop Home
  • Contact Us
  • Site Map
  • close print view

    Farm Produce Commission Merchant

    Required State License(s):

    Persons engaged in the business of receiving farm produce for sale on commission should be licensed with the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Food and Dairy Division; (517) 373-1060.

    A Sales tax license may also be required. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4660 and request a 518 sales tax form.

    Personalized sales tax returns and a payment schedule will be mailed within four to six weeks after the registration has been processed. If you have questions about this process, please call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4730.

    Further Information: This does not apply to retail dealers or auctioneers selling farm products on commission.

    Revised: 4/2005

    Related Content
     •  Food Assistance - Bridge Card
     •  FINRA Regulated Broker-Dealer Firms Registration
     •  Food Processing
     •  Food Stores
     •  Food Cart
     •  Freestanding Surgical Outpatient Facility License
     •  Electrical Fire Alarm Contractor License
     •  Fertilizer Manufacturer/Distributors and Soil Conditioners License
     •  First Mortgage License & Registration
     •  Food Establishment License
     •  Foreign Risk Retention Group Registration
     •  Foreign Salvage Vehicle Dealer License
     •  First Mortgage - Non-Profit Authority
     •  Floodplains and Plat Review
     •  Food Service License
     •  Funeral Establishment License (Mortuary Science)
     •  Floodplain Permit (Part 31)
     •  Fire Suppression
     •  Forensic Polygraph Examiner Licensing Information
     •  Forester Registration Information
    QR code Home
  • State Web Sites
  • Site Map

  • Privacy Policy
  • Link Policy
  • Accessibility Policy
  • Security Policy
  • Michigan Survey

    Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan