Tax Practitioner Web Services
Important Note: If your client has a negative or zero Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) you will not be able to retrieve your answer. When submitting your inquiry, please indicate in the notes field if your client has negative or zero AGI. Based on that information, a Treasury representative will contact you by phone.
What You Need to Know:
- For a general question please check Frequently Asked Questions before contacting Treasury.
- If you have a Power of Attorney and/or additional documentation, please fax them to 517 636 0640.
- For privacy and security reasons, do not share the access codes for the Practitioner Services site with your clients. Obtaining taxpayer information is a privilege. Unauthorized access to account information is unlawful as described in Michigan MCL section 752.794. Taxpayers can use the self service options designed for them.
- When accessing the Practitioner Services site, please remember, business accounts that begin with 2 alpha characters (ME or TR) must be entered using upper case letters. If you use lower case letters at the time you submitted your service request, you will be unable to retrieve/view the answer. You may receive a "Failed Authentication" error message.
- Compatibility Browser/System Requirements - If you get an error message telling you that you need a browser that supports 128-bit encryption, you must upgrade your browser.