Skip to main content

I misplaced or didn't receive my W-2. How can I get a copy?

For Home Healthcare Providers duplicate W-2 requests, please call the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) at 800-979-4662.

For State of Michigan Employees:

You may request duplicate W-2's for the most recent calendar year beginning February 7.

1.  The DTMB-Office of Financial Management handles the duplicate W-2 and 1095-C requests.  Please call the Duplicate W-2 and 1095-C Request Line at 517-241-0045, and leave a voice message providing the following information:

  • Name
  • Employee Identification Number
  • Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
  • A daytime telephone number where you can be reached
  • Year(s) duplicate W-2 is needed (for up to the most recent 5 years)
  • Current Mailing Address
  • State Government Agency (Corrections, DTMB, etc.)

NOTE: If your need for a duplicate W-2 arises as a result of a change of address you will need to make sure that your new mailing address is correct in HRMN before requesting a duplicate W-2 (OFM will only mail your duplicate W-2 to the address in HRMN).  You may review and update your address in HRMN via your online employee self-service account or by contacting MI HR Service Center at 877-766-6447 (Option #1).

2.  Make your request via e-mail:

Submit your request to OFM at

Include the information requested above and enter "Duplicate W-2" as the subject line.

Once your request has been received, your duplicate W-2 will be mailed within 2 weeks.