Books & Publications - Sending Books and/or Publications to a Prisoner
- Prisoners may receive publications ordered by members of the public from the following Internet vendors, provided the publication is not used and is sent directly to the prisoner from the Internet vendor:
EdwardRHamilton.com and HamiltonBooks.com
- Visually impaired prisoners who read Braille also may receive Braille publications ordered by members of the public from the following Internet vendor provided the publication is sent directly to the prisoner from the vendor:
American Printing House for the Blind (aph.org)
- Prisoners also may receive publications ordered by members of the public from a publisher provided the publication is not used, was sent directly to the prisoner by the publisher, and does not otherwise violate this policy.
- Some approved Internet vendors, such as Amazon.com, allow private individuals and other vendors to directly sell publications on their websites. In such cases, prisoners are allowed to receive the publication only if the vendor actually selling the publication is identified on this attachment as an approved vendor
- Some approved internet vendors, such as Amazon.com, no longer include an invoice or packing slip with the packages they ship verifying that the delivered publication is in compliance with this policy. To assist in ensuring that the item can be delivered, written verification that the publication was purchased from the approved vendor must be provided. This can be done by:
- Requesting a gift receipt be included with the package at the time of purchase.
- Sending to the prisoner a copy of the invoice provided to the purchaser by the internet vendor. The invoice may be sent via the US mail or by e-mail through J-pay.