Skip to main content

I owe money to the community college I want to attend. What can I do?

If you attended community college in the past and owe them money, you are still eligible to receive the Futures for Frontliners scholarship. However, you'll need to contact the community college to figure out a plan to pay off your balance in time to be accepted to the college and enroll in classes. Don't forget, accepted applicants must enroll for the first time as a Futures for Frontliners scholarship participant in winter, spring, summer, or fall of 2021 in order to take advantage of this program.

If you have questions about this, you can call our Customer Care Center at 517-636-7000 or email If you want to call the community college directly, visit our List of Colleges to find a phone and email contact to your college.