Skip to main content

If I meet all the other eligibility criteria but completed my high school diploma outside the United States, am I still eligible?

Yes. If you completed high school outside the U.S. and can get a copy of your transcript, you should be eligible to apply to community college. Contact the community college you plan to attend to see if there is anything you need to do for your transcript to be accepted – our List of Colleges page has dedicated contact information for each of Michigan’s public community colleges if you’re not sure who to call or email.

If you completed high school abroad but are not able to produce your transcript, you may need to apply first for High School Completion through the Futures for Frontliners program.