The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Healthy Michigan Plan
Healthy Michigan Plan
MDHHS has made changes to the Healthy Michigan Plan, but your coverage for health care services will remain the same.
- The MI Health Account will go away. The last payments are due on January 15, 2024.
- Any unpaid amounts to the MI Health Account will not be taken out of state tax refunds or lottery winnings anymore.
- Most costs will be reduced. See below for more information.
- If you've been earning rewards for healthy behaviors, there will be some changes to the program. Your health plan will still offer rewards for healthy behaviors and will provide more information on new rewards soon.
- Most co-pays will be reduced. You may have to pay co-pays when you get healthcare services. Click HERE for co-pay information.
- Not everybody is required to pay a co-pay because there are exemptions for individuals and for services. For example:
- Children under 21 do not have co-pays for going to the doctor or for getting immunizations.
- Family planning services do not have co-pays AND
- Emergency services do not have co-pays, to name a few.
- Cost sharing exemptions for medically frail individuals will be discontinued.
What to do?
- If you have automatic payments set up through your bank or credit union, make sure to STOP them before the end of January 2024. If you do not have automatic payments set up, you don't need to do anything right now.
- Be sure your address, phone number, and email address are up to date. The best way to update your information is:
- Online at Michigan.gov/MIBridges.
- If you do not have an online account for MI Bridges to access your Medicaid case or report changes, visit www.michigan.gov/MIBridges to sign up for a MI Bridges account.
- You can also call your local MDHHS office. Visit the MDHHS County Office webpage to find your local office information.
Letter B 23-07 was mailed in November 2023 to all Healthy Michigan Plan members to provide information about these changes.
Here is a copy of the letter. B 23-07