Local Emergency Contacts
- Dial 911 for emergencies.
- Dial 211 for free, 24/7 info about critical health and human services available in your community.
- For a poison emergency call 800-222-1222.
- County Emergency Managers
- Health Department Emergency Preparedness Coordinators
State of Michigan Contacts
Information can change rapidly in an emergency. Trusted social media outlets can be an important source of real time information. Use the links below to find State of Michigan agencies on your social media networks. Michigan Prepares on Twitter:
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
Michigan State Police
Michigan State Police - Emergency Management and Homeland Security Division
View recent food recalls in Michigan and sign up for alerts to be sent to your email address or mobile phone at the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development's Food Recalls webpage.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
In case you are separated from household members in an emergency, there are services available such as the Red Cross Safe and Well website that allows you list yourself as "safe and well" or search for others who have registered. The site is available at https://safeandwell.communityos.org.
MI Prepares Emergency Plan App - Available for Apple and Android and
The Michigan Prepares Emergency Plan app is a free, easy-to-use tool that can help you and your family create a basic emergency plan in a few quick steps.
Learn how you can help those impacted by disaster:
- Learn how to volunteer responsibly. Connect to the MI Volunteer Registry and check out other Michigan volunteer resources on the Michigan Community Service Commission website.
- Tips from FEMA on how to donate and volunteer responsibly.
- If the blood supply is impacted, the Red Cross will be seeking immediate blood and platelet donations! Make an appointment now.