The Michigan Bureau of Services for Blind Persons (BSBP) believes in the capacity of people who are blind or visually impaired to achieve employment and independence. BSBP provides training and other services that empower people to achieve their individual goals.
If you live in Michigan and you're blind or visually impaired, the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons will work with you to define your goals and identify appropriate training and other services. Funded by federal and state taxes, BSBP provides counseling and training in skills for daily living without vision. Depending upon your needs and eligibility for specific services, BSBP may also provide some types of adaptive equipment, computer software, and postsecondary education.
BSBP Mission and Vision
The mission of the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons is to provide opportunities to individuals who are blind or visually impaired to achieve employment, and/or achieve maximum and meaningful independence in life through comprehensive rehabilitative services.
It is the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons vision to help Michigan become a better State for blind and visually impaired persons to be equal contributing citizens that enjoy all the advantages of a full, independent life.
- Outreach to Flint's Blind Community Helps Ensure Access to Information and Resources
- The Bureau of Services for Blind Persons increases service delivery and employment outcomes
- Braille and Talking Book Library Service Now More Efficient for Qualifying Michigan Residents
- The Bureau of Services for Blind Persons Training Center has reduced the number of students waiting to begin training by 20%
- Michigan's Braille and Talking Book Library Named #1 in the Nation by Library of Congress; Wins top honor for service and innovation
- Michigan's Braille and Talking Book Library is #1 in the Nation
- Comcast Newsmakers Interview with Ed Rodgers - Director, Bureau of Services for Blind Persons
- BSBP Kalamazoo Training Center Fox 17 News Story "Losing my vision has improved my outlook on life, resources for people who are legally blind"