• 312 RULES PUBLIC COMMENT HEARING on 12-10-13
• Freedom to Work Since Freedom to Work (FTW) laws in Michigan are relatively new and do not take effect until late March, 2013, it is premature to request stoppage of union dues or agency fees at this time. After the effective date of the new law, an employee's ability to stop paying union dues or agency fees would depend on a number of factors, including: whether the contract has expired and/or the unexpired contract contains a "union security" or "agency shop" clause. Answers to questions like yours (and from ...
• Freedom to Work Informational Posters
Freedom to Work in the Private Sector**
Freedom to Work in the Public Sector**
** NOTE: Employers may place the appropriate poster in the workplace. Use of the poster is optional.
• Freedom to Work Frequently Asked Questions
• Union Audits
• About MERC The Michigan Employment Relations Commission (MERC) resolves labor disputes involving public and private sector employees by appointing mediators, arbitrators and fact finders, conducting
union representation elections, determining appropriate bargaining units, and adjudicating unfair labor practice cases.
• About BER The Bureau of Employment Relations is responsible for resolving labor disputes between public and private sector employers and employees
• Mission Statement
• What's New
• Frequently Asked Questions