Mission & Vision
- MCSC's Mission and Vision The Michigan Community Service Commission utilizes service as a strategy to address the state's most pressing issues and empowers volunteers to strengthen communities.
- MCSC Program Statement
The Michigan Community Service Commission utilizes service as a strategy to address the state's most pressing issues and empowers volunteers to strengthen communities. The MCSC uses Michigan's AmeriCorps, Mentor Michigan, Volunteer Michigan, and the Governor's Service Awards to achieve just that.
- MCSC Celebrates 20 Years of Using Service as a Strategy For 20 years, the Michigan Community Service Commission has been investing in innovative national service programs as a strategy to create community solutions. To commemorate their 20th anniversary year, the MCSC has produced this special document which celebrates the accomplishments and impact of national service in our state.
- We are Committed to Inclusion The Michigan Community Service Commission is firmly committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation in its programs, activities, and materials. Please call (517) 335-4295 to request accommodations or to obtain materials in an alternate format.
- Youth Service: A Panel Perspective
The Michigan Community Service Commission has a strong commitment to youth service in the state and works hard to propel the efforts of young people and their impact on a larger scale. For many years they've benefitted from youth commissioners serving on their board in an effort to capture the voice of Michigan's young people.
Julie Calley is the chair of the Michigan Community Service Commission and is an Ionia County Commissioner for District 7. Within her home county, she serves on the Ionia County Community Mental Health Board Authority, the Community Corrections Board, the Tax Allocation Board, and the Board of Public Works. Prior to her time in the public sector, she spent a decade employed in residential and commercial property management. She is a youth leader for multiple programs within her hometown church and has previously worked with Junior Achievement. Julie holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Management from Northwood University. She has been a MCSC member since 2011 and was elected chair in 2015.
- Gov. Rick Snyder honored for support of national service
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder was selected to receive the 2015 State Leadership Award by Voices for National Service In recognition of his support for national service. The Michigan Community Service Commission joins the organization and congratulates Snyder on this honor.
- Employer of National Service MCSC is proud to be a charter member of Employers of National Service.
- Staff Directory
- Sign Up for the MCSC News, Resources, and More!