What is AmeriCorps?
- AmeriCorps is a national service program designed to strengthen citizenship and the ethic of service by engaging thousands of Americans on a full-time or part-time basis to help communities to address their toughest challenges. The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) administers AmeriCorps at the federal level and works in partnership with states to develop service programs and create a community-based national service network. The Michigan Community Service Commission (MCSC) is the administrative agent for Michigan's AmeriCorps.
- Funds Available For New and Recompeting Michigan's AmeriCorps Programs
Federal funds are available to support new and recompeting Michigan's AmeriCorps programs to start in the fall of 2016 for a 12-month program cycle.
Member/Site Supervisors of the Month
- Michigan's AmeriCorps Member of the Month
August 2015: Taylor Pahl is currently in her first year as a full-time AmeriCorps member with the Economic Opportunity Coaching program at Peckham, Inc. in Lansing. As an AmeriCorps member, Taylor provides financial literacy and employability skills coaching to individuals with significant disabilities, refugees, and low-income clients. She also provides critical services to clients that have been unemployed or underemployed for a significant period of time.
- Michigan's AmeriCorps Site Supervisor of the Month
AUGUST 2015: Joy Alston is not only an AmeriCorps site supervisor for the AmeriCorps Urban Safety Program, but she is also an alum of the program, having served from March 2014 - March 2015. Joy first decided to join AmeriCorps in order to make a difference in the community in which she grew up, and the AmeriCorps Urban Safety Program was a perfect fit. After completing her term of service, Joy was hired as a site supervisor for AMUS, where she is responsible for the Morningside/Cornerstone ...
AmeriCorps Alums/Alum of the Month
- Michigan's AmeriCorps Alum Spotlight
AUGUST 2015: When the program assistant – and later program manager – position for the Mentoring to Access Corps program became available, Elizia Artis felt confident her prior AmeriCorps experience would serve her well. Elizia did a year of AmeriCorps with the Washington Service Corps in 2011-12 where she was placed at a community based organization called East African Community Services.
- AmeriCorps Alums Calling all friends of AmeriCorps! Join AmeriCorps alums, current AmeriCorps members, and champions of service in the AmeriCorps Alums network. Registration is free and entitles you to many benefits, including career search assistance, discounts, and networking opportunities.