- Welcome to The Injury & Violence Prevention Section Website The Injury & Violence Prevention Section of the Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH) manages public health programs related to injury and violence prevention in the state of Michigan.
- The Injury & Violence Prevention Section Mission The mission of the Injury & Violence Prevention Section is to promote public health prevention approaches to reduce morbidity, mortality, and risk behaviors related to unintentional and intentional injuries.
- Injury and Violence Prevention Section Vision Statement
- Contact Us
- Injury and Violence Prevention Section Brochure
- MiVDRS Michigan Violent Death Reporting System
- Safe Kids Michigan Information and Resources Regarding the Prevention of Accidental Injury to Children and Safe Kids Coalitions Throughout the State of Michigan.
- Sexual Violence Prevention Educational Materials Regarding Rape Prevention as well as, Links and Resources for Sexual Violence Prevention.
- Suicide Prevention Information for Suicide Prevention
Michigan Injury Facts
- Map of Emergency Preparedness Regions
- Falls Among Older Adults in Michigan Emergency Preparedness Region 6 (73% higher than state rate)
- Homicide in Michigan Emergency Preparedness Region 2S (145% higher than state rate)
- Prescription Drug Overdose in Michigan Emergency Preparedness Region 5 (69% higher than state rate)
- Suicide in Michigan Emergency Preparedness Region 7 (26% higher than state rate)
- Suicide in Michigan Emergency Preparedness Region 8 (48% higher than state rate)
- Winter Falls Prevention & Safety Tips
- Centers For Disease Control and Prevention
- Children's Safety Network
- Crime Victims Services
- National Safety Council
- Safe Kids USA
- Safe States Alliance
- SafetyLit Injury Prevention Policy and Practice Literature
- U of M Injury Center
- U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Other Injury-Related Links This is a list of injury-related links that are external to the MDCH Injury Prevention Section website.
- Michigan Injury Hospitalizations, 2011
- Leading Causes of Injury Deaths in Michigan by Age Group, 2007-2010
- Leading Causes of Death in Michigan by Age Group, 2010
- Michigan Injury & Violence Prevention Needs Assessment Survey Results U of M Injury Center and MDCH Injury Fact Sheet
- Injury Mortality in Michigan 2007-2010 A four year report on deaths due to injury and poisoning among Michigan residents.
- State Suicide Prevention Plan Evaluation: Michigan Association for Suicide Prevention 2012