- Fax: (517) 373-8776 or (517) 335-3623Office of Career and Technical Education
Patty Cantú, Director
OCTE oversees high school instructional programs that teach students skills in a specific career cluster. Most programs offer early college credit opportunities to provide a seamless transition to postsecondary education. The mission of the office is to prepare students so they have the necessary academic, technical, and work behavior skills to enter, compete, and advance in education and their careers.
Career Planning and Education Unit (CPE)
Norma Tims, Supervisor
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; (517) 241-2091
CPE is primarily responsible for state-level approval, administration, and monitoring of career and technical education programs for secondary school students.
Education and Employer Partnerships Unit (EEP)
Joanne Mahony, Supervisor
Email: email@example.com ; (517) 335-0405
EEP works with local and regional CTE administrators to assure that they have the appropriate education, certification, and work experience to oversee CTE programs. The Unit is responsible for the facilitation and coordination of the Technical Review, Assistance and Compliance (TRAC) monitoring system and Civil Rights Compliance Review.
Data, Accountability, and Technical Assessments Unit (DATA)
Jill Kroll, Supervisor
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; (517) 241-4354
DATA is responsible for collecting and reporting data, data evaluation, and research activities for state and federal grant programs.
- CTE Professional Development Events Calendar 2014
- 2014 CTE New Administrators Meeting: September 11, 2014
- 2014 OCTE Spring Update held March 12, 2014
- 2013 Spring Update Presentation: The Mobile Explosion; The Opportunity for Education to Align with Business Needs
- Green Ribbon Schools
- 2013 OCTE Fall Update Presentations and Documents
- OCTE Staff Directory
- OCTE Quick Reference
- Area Career and Technical Education Programs
- CTE Professional Development