Essential health care coverage, such as Medical Assistance or Medicaid, is available to those who otherwise cannot afford it. Michigan has many health care programs available to children, families and adults who meet eligibility requirements. Each program has income limits and some have an asset limit - limits vary with each program.
If you need help with past, unpaid medical expenses, your coverage may begin three months before your application month. Ask your specialist for more details.
Once you have been determined eligible for Medicaid you will receive a mihealth card. Each member of the family receives his or her own card. Most people who receive Medicaid must join a health plan. You will need to show your mihealth card and your health plan card when you receive medical services.
Do not throw this card away. If your mihealth card is lost, stolen or damaged, call 800-642-3195.
What Is Medicaid?
- Public Notices
- Michigan Medicaid State Plan
Click here to review Michigan's Medicaid State Plan. The Plan covers Michigan's agreement with the federal government for: beneficiary eligibility; covered services; and, reimbursement for medical services under the program.
- Health Care Programs Eligibility
Click here to learn more about the Health Care programs available in Michigan.
- Access to Long-Term Care: Know Your Options
- Medical Care Advisory Council (MCAC)
- The mihealth card
The plastic ID Health card for Medicaid, Childrens Special Health Care Services (CSHCS), MIChild, Healthy Michigan Plan (HMP) and Plan First beneficiaries.
Michigan Medicaid Health Plans
- Medicaid Health Plan Pharmacy Benefit
Member and provider access to information on drugs and supplies covered by the Michigan Medicaid Health Plans.
- Medicaid Health Plan Contact and County Service Listing List of Medicaid health plans showing Michigan counties in which each the health plan operates.
- Health Plan Enrollment
This page contains Medicaid and Healthy Michigan Plan Health Plan enrollment figures by county for the current and previous months for each of the Health Plans.
- Sample Health Plan Contract
Medicaid Health Plan Performance Reports
- Michigan Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS)
The Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) is a set of survey tools developed to assess patient satisfaction with their health plan.
- Medicaid Blood Lead Testing Reports
- HEDIS Results - Statewide Aggregate Reports
The Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) is a set of performance data developed and maintained by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), and is the most widely used standardized performance measure in the managed care industry.
- External Quality Review Reports identify various aspects of care furnished to Michigan Medicaid beneficiaries.
- 2016 Health Plans Quality Checkup
Click here to view a guide to Michigan Medicaid health plans, including ratings in five separate categories of health plan performance.
MI Care Team
- MI Care Team
MI Care Team is a primary care health homes program created in accordance with Section 2703 of the Affordable Care Act. MI Care Team is a method of delivering care coordination and comprehensive care management in an integrated health care environment to improve health outcomes for beneficiaires in the program.
- Consumer Resources
- Provider Resources
Medicaid Fair Hearings
- Michigan Administrative Hearing System for the Department of Health and Human Services
For Medicaid enrollees and Medicaid waiver applicants who wish to request a fair hearing to appeal a Medicaid service decision