- Carrying Under the Influence
An individual shall not carry a concealed pistol or portable device that uses electro-muscular disruption (EMD) technology while under the influence of alcoholic liquor or a controlled substance or while having a bodily alcohol content of .02 BAC or above
- Concealed Pistol Application and Instructions
Concealed pistol application kits are provided free of charge during normal business hours by county clerks or online.
- Concealed Pistol License (CPL) Reports
An archive of Concealed Pistol License (CPL) reports.
- Concealed Pistol License Renewal Information
A summary of CPL renewal information.
- Concealed Pistol License Requirements
An outline of requirements for those who want to obtain a Michigan Concealed Pistol License.
- Federal Firearms Laws
A summary of federal firearms laws
- Firearms Forms
- Firearms Identification Guide
The purpose of the Firearms Identification Guide is to aid Michigan law enforcement agencies in the accurate identification of firearms and to make their descriptions compatible with the State Central Gun Files and the Automated Pistol Registration System when they are registered, entered as stolen, or queried.
- Firearms Laws of Michigan
A publication prepared by the Legislative Service Bureau pursuant to Act 381 of 2000, which requires the Bureau to "compile the firearms laws of this state, including laws that apply to carrying a concealed pistol..." MCL 28.425a(9). The firearms laws compiled herein are reprinted from the text of the Michigan Compiled Laws, supplemented through Act 130 of the 2015 Regular Session of the Michigan Legislature.
- Firearms Laws of Michigan Index (2015)
An index created for the Firearms Laws of Michigan compilation.
- MCOLES and the CPL Law The Michigan Commission On Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) is responsible for certifying firearm instructors and instructional programs for the purpose of providing pistol safety training to CPL applicants as required in Public Act 381 of 2000.
- Michigan's Concealed Pistol Law - FAQs
Michigan's Concealed Pistol Law - Frequently Asked Questions.
This information is provided, as a public service, for general information purposes only.
- NCIC Gun Code Manual
Gun Data Codes as of December 1, 2014.
- Prohibited Premises
Individuals licensed to carry a concealed pistol by Michigan or another state will be prohibited from carrying a concealed pistol in the following areas...
- Public Notice of Intent to Dispose of Firearms
Per Public Act 381 of 2000
If you possess a valid Michigan CPL and want to carry your pistol in another state, you should contact that state for information on its concealed pistol laws. A Michigan CPL holder is responsible for complying with the laws of that state.