Important Information Regarding the New Michigan Treasury Online
- For information regarding Sales, Use and Withholding (SUW) tax changes effective January 2015.
- For instructions on filing tax returns and making payments for Michigan Sales, Use and Withholding for tax years 2015 and beyond.
- If you received a letter regarding Michigan Treasury Online (MTO).
Michigan Treasury Online (MTO) is incompatible with tax years 2014 and prior. Please do not attempt to file 2014 Sales, Use or Withholding (SUW) tax returns or payments using MTO.
Go To Michigan Treasury Online
News and Notices
Withholding Rate: 4.25% | Personal Exemption: $4000 | 2016 Michigan Income Tax Withholding Tables.
Effective May, 20, 2015, the State of Michigan has disabled the Electronic Payment System, Payconnexions, Web site link www.michigan.gov/biztaxpayments, and the Interactive Voice Response System (IVR) for Sales, Use and Withholding Taxes (SUW). All future Sales, Use and Withholding payments should be made online through MTO. This information only applies to accounts registered to electronically pay taxes using the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Debit method. Please click here to retrieve the updated Company ID/Debit Block Numbers effective January 2015.
EFT Credit payments are still accepted, but some changes have been made for SUW filers. Please view the updated EFT Credit Instructions for Michigan Business Taxes and go to Appendix A (page 4) of the instructions to determine if the tax type you are making an EFT credit for, in tax year 2015, has an updated financial institution account number.
- 2014 Pension Withholding Tables
- Withholding Information for Pension Recipients (Retirees)
- Tax Forms - Federal, Michigan, & Cities
- Registering for Withholding Tax
Every employer in this state who is required to withhold federal income tax under the Internal Revenue Code, must be registered for and withhold Michigan income tax.