The Michigan Department of Corrections has launched video visitation to offer an avenue for those incarcerated and their families to safely connect during the pandemic.
Visitors on the Approved Visitor List of a prisoner will be able to request a video visit once the facility where the prisoner is housed has begun online scheduling. If you are not on an Approved Visitor List, please visit our Visiting a Prisoner Page for information on the application process.
Video Visiting Standards can be found here.
Video Visitation Steps for Approved Visitors
- The Approved Visitor should navigate to the GTL Visitor website by clicking HERE.
- The Approved Visitor will need to create an account on the GTL Visitor website and request to visit the prisoner at their assigned facility.
- Once approved on the GTL site, the Approved Visitor will then be able to request a scheduled video visit for prisoners at that facility.
- Length of Video Visits: 20 minutes
- Cost of Video Visits: The cost of a scheduled twenty (20) minute video visit is $3.20.
- Payment: The video visit must be paid for in advance by the person scheduled the visit.
- Scheduling Window: Video visitss may be scheduled no less than 72 hours in advance of the scheduled visit and not after 48 hours.
WHV Video Visitation:
Please keep in mind that WHV is currently utilizing a different vendor, ATG, for their Video Visitation. ATG has its own procedure for scheduling visits (this ONLY applies to WHV):
- A prisoner adds funds to the SCORE account by purchasing SCORE Units on the Keefe Prisoner Store Kiosk. Prisoners buy SCORE units by ordering item number 5078 "ATG_KCN Media Units." This item is only available to prisoners at WHV. Each unit costs $0.01 (one penny). The prisoner will need $3.20 available in their SCORE Account before you can schedule a video visit. Funds will be added to the SCORE Accounts the morning after scheduled Prisoner Store Downloads are completed and processed. This will take several days.
- Prisoners will need to Add a Contact:
- Starting on 11/5/2020, there will be a new button on the Keefe Prisoner Store Kiosk called Contact List. It will appear on the main SCORE screen.
- Before video visits can be scheduled, prisoners will need to add contact information for friends and family on their Approved Visitor List.
- Prisoners will be prompted to set a preferred language of English or Spanish the first time they enter this screen.
- To add a new Contact, tap the Add New Contact button. All fields in red color are required.
- Add the Contact's information and tap the Save button.
- The system will then send an invite to the contact's email address with instructions to create a CorrLinks account and accept you as a Contact.
- Only those friends and family who appear on a current Approved Visitor List will be approved. Any new visitor(s) will need to follow the process outlined in the Prisoner Visitation Policy.
The following locations currently have Video Visitation:
|MDOC Facility||Online Scheduling Began/Begins||First Video Visits|
|Bellamy Creek Correctional Facility (IBC)||2/26/2021||3/1/2021|
|Carson City Correctional Facility (DRF)||3/8/2021||3/11/2021|
|Central Michigan Correctional Facility (STF)||2/5/2021||2/8/2021|
|Chippewa Correctional Facility (URF)||10/26/2020||10/29/2020|
|Cooper Street Correctional Facility (JCS)||2/8/2021||2/11/2021|
|Duane Waters Health Center (DWH)||10/16/2020||10/19/2020|
|G. Robert Cotton Correctional (JCF)||10/13/2020||10/19/2020|
|Ionia Correctional Facility (ICF)||12/15/2020||12/18/2020|
|Kinross Correctional Facility (KCF)||2/21/2021||2/24/2021|
|Lakeland Correctional Facility (LCF)||4/12/2021||4/15/2021|
|Macomb Correctional Facility (MRF)||3/1/2021||3/4/2021|
|Michigan Reformatory (RMI)||3/5/2021||3/8/2021|
|Muskegon Correctional Facility (MCF)||2/22/2021||2/25/2021|
|Newberry Correctional Facility (NCF)||2/19/2021||2/22/2021|
|Oaks Correctional Facility (ECF)||2/19/2021||2/22/2021|
|Parnall Correctional Facility (SMT)||10/9/2020||10/12/2020|
|Richard A. Handlon Correctional Facility (MTU)||12/15/2020||12/18/2020|
|St. Louis Correctional Facility (SLF)||2/5/2021||2/8/2021|
|Saginaw Correctional Facility (SRF)||3/9/2021||3/12/2021|
|Thumb Correctional Facility (TCF)||4/26/2021||4/29/2021|
|Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility (WHV)||11/9/2020||11/12/2020|
|Woodland Center Correctional (WCC)||3/1/2021||3/4/2021|
The following locations are still in the installation process:
NOTE: For some of the facilities on this list, the work to configure and activate the video visitation equipment has taken longer than expected. There are multiple technical components that must be tested and working in unison before video visits can go live. We have adjusted the Equipment Installation Dates to reflect more current information.
|MDOC Facility||Installation Dates||Online Scheduling Will Begin||First Video Visits|
|Alger Correctional Facility (LMF)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Baraga Correctional Facility (AMF)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Earnest C. Brooks Correctional (LRF)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Gus Harrison Correctional Facility (ARF)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Marquette Branch Prison (MBP)||TBD||TBD||TBD|