The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Located on Detroit’s riverfront in the historic former Globe Building, with the Dequindre Cut Trail running through its backyard, the Outdoor Adventure Center gives you a taste of Michigan’s great outdoors in the heart of the city.
Experience exciting outdoor adventures with hands-on activities, exhibits and simulators – walk behind and touch a waterfall, step into a fishing boat and reel in a big fish, hit the trail on a mountain bike or snowmobile, and much more. At the OAC, you’ll learn about how the DNR manages forests, wildlife and fish as you climb the roots and explore the canopy of our bur oak tree, hop aboard our airplane, and see what’s swimming in our aquarium.
Visit the Outdoor Adventure Center and discover all there is to explore in our state’s spectacular outdoors, parks, public lands and waters that are yours to enjoy.
Outdoor Adventure Center
1801 Atwater Street
Detroit, MI 48207-4020
Phone: 844-622-6367 (844-OAC-MDNR)
About the OAC
The Outdoor Adventure Center is an innovative destination that provides hands-on experiences, focused on the many outdoor recreation opportunities in Michigan.
- Help visitors discover Michigan's state parks.
- Teach people about natural resources and Michigan's rich economic history.
- Connect Detroit's riverfront parks and nearby neighborhoods.
- Provide recreational events for residents and visitors.
- Introduce local residents to public recreation choices.
- Acquaint the local community with choices for conservation careers.
- Help create a sense of place.
Construction of the OAC was funded through the Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund and other partners.