The Michigan Talent Investment Agency operates the unemployment insurance program. This program provides temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own. The program is funded through unemployment taxes paid by employers.
Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM) is the Unemployment Insurance Agency's (UIA) system for managing your unemployment account electronically.
MiWAM has been updated to serve you better! You will notice a new look to some pages and some added functions.
Look for more details in the updated MiWAM Toolkits coming soon.
- Unemployment Insurance: Federal Government Shutdown Questions and Answers
With the federal government shutdown, there is no immediate impact to TIA or the programs that we administer.
Individuals must complete a bi-weekly certification to receive unemployment benefits. The preferred method is to complete this online through MiWAM at Michigan.gov/uia. An alternative method is to certify via telephone (also referred to as MARVIN). The call windows previously restricted claimants to calling Monday through Wednesday based upon their SSN. This restriction is now removed. Individuals who wish to certify by telephone instead of online can now call MARVIN at 1-866-638-3993 anytime Monday through Saturday, 8:00 am to 7:00 pm.
This video outlines the process, gives helpful tips and lets you know how to prepare for an unemployment appeals hearing.
The Work Share Program is a voluntary program that provides employers facing a decline in business with an alternative to layoffs.
- What You Should Know When Claiming Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Information needed to file a claim
- The Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM)
- A Handbook for Unemployed Workers - Unemployment Benefits in Michigan
- Access Your 1099-G Online
- Career Opportunities
- UIA 1251 Online Claim Filing Kit
- Fact Sheet 166 - Protecting Unemployment Benefits from Identity Theft
- New Address for Employee Wage Garnishment Payments (8/2017)
- What You Should Know As An Employer
- About Unemployment Insurance
- Electronic Filing Requirement
- Manage Your Tax Account
- Employer Handbook (November 2014)
- Taxes & Tax Credits
- Michigan Unemployment Tax Credit
- Taxable Wage Base
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program
- Office of Employer Ombudsman
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) E-Response
- Notice to Employers and Claimants Concerning Medical Marijuana
- UIA Employer Services Brochure
- Work Share Program
- Employer Webcasts
- Client Level Reporting Toolkit for Professional Employer Organizations
- Legislative Information
- State of Michigan Business Taxes Registration Booklet, Form 518
- Employer eRegistration
- 2017 Employer Seminar Presentation - All About Benefits
- 2017 Employer Seminar Presentation - Your Tax Account
- Fact Sheet 167 - Protecting your Business and Employees from Identity Theft
- New Lien Process and Recording Fees