Welcome to the Unemployment Insurance Agency
The Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) operates Michigan's unemployment insurance program which collects unemployment taxes from employers and provides temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own.
UIA offers online services to customers through the Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM).
If you have questions about your unemployment fraud case and your determination was issued between October 2013 and August 2015, please call 1-800-638-6372, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
If you are a resident or employer with questions about the data security incident and want to know what steps you can take, please call 1-855-707-8387, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Many people are requesting information about a review of past fraud determination cases, and the agency is working with claimants to answer questions.
If you had an unemployment claim from 2013 through 2015, and your case is part of the review, you will be notified by the agency. It is vitally important that your contact information, including your phone number, address and email, are up to date. Update your address online via your MiWAM account, or complete and mail Form UIA 1925, Request for Name and/or Address Change, or call our customer service line at 1-866-500-0017. Thank you for your patience as we work to serve you better.
- New Lien Process and Recording Fees
- Michigan Web Account Manager for Claimants and Employers
The Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM) is the Unemployment Insurance Agency's (UIA) system for managing your unemployment account electronically.
MiWAM has been updated to serve you better! You will notice a new look to some pages and some added functions.
Look for more details in the updated MiWAM Toolkits coming soon.
- What You Should Know When Claiming Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Information needed to file a claim
- The Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM)
- Problem Resolution Offices - Need Help?
- A Handbook for Unemployed Workers - Unemployment Benefits in Michigan
- Access Your 1099-G Online
- Career Opportunities
- Fact Sheet 166 - Protecting Unemployment Benefits from Identity Theft
- What You Should Know As An Employer
- Manage Your Tax Account
- About Unemployment Insurance
- Electronic Filing Requirement
- Employer Handbook (November 2014)
- Taxes & Tax Credits
- Michigan Unemployment Tax Credit
- Taxable Wage Base
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program
- Office of Employer Ombudsman
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) E-Response
- Notice to Employers and Claimants Concerning Medical Marijuana
- UIA Employer Services Brochure
- Work Share Program
- UIA Employer Seminar Presentation
- Employer Webcasts
- Client Level Reporting Toolkit for Professional Employer Organizations
- Legislative Information
- Fact Sheet 167 - Protecting your Business and Employees from Identity Theft