Welcome to the Unemployment Insurance Agency
The Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) operates Michigan's unemployment insurance program which collects unemployment taxes from employers and provides temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own.
UIA offers online services to customers through the Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM).
Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM) is the Unemployment Insurance Agency's (UIA) system for managing your unemployment account electronically.
MiWAM has been updated to serve you better! You will notice a new look to some pages and some added functions.
Look for more details in the updated MiWAM Toolkits coming soon.
Individuals living or working in Bay, Gladwin, Isabella, or Midland counties and the Saginaw Chippewa Tribe within Isabella County whose employment was lost or interrupted due to the severe storms and flooding from June 22 – 27, 2017, can apply for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA). Applications must be filed by September 5, 2017. For more information about Disaster Unemployment Assistance, please call 866-241-0152.
The Work Share Program is a voluntary program that provides employers facing a decline in business with an alternative to layoffs.
If you have questions about your unemployment fraud case and your determination was issued between October 2013 and August 2015, please call 1-800-638-6372, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- What You Should Know When Claiming Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Information needed to file a claim
- The Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM)
- Problem Resolution Offices - Need Help?
- A Handbook for Unemployed Workers - Unemployment Benefits in Michigan
- Access Your 1099-G Online
- Career Opportunities
- UIA 1251 Online Claim Filing Kit
- New Address for Employee Wage Garnishment Payments (8/2017)
- What You Should Know As An Employer
- About Unemployment Insurance
- Electronic Filing Requirement
- Manage Your Tax Account
- Employer Handbook (November 2014)
- Taxes & Tax Credits
- Michigan Unemployment Tax Credit
- Taxable Wage Base
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program
- Office of Employer Ombudsman
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) E-Response
- Notice to Employers and Claimants Concerning Medical Marijuana
- UIA Employer Services Brochure
- Work Share Program
- Employer Webcasts
- Client Level Reporting Toolkit for Professional Employer Organizations
- Legislative Information
- Employer eRegistration
- 2017 Employer Seminar Presentation - All About Benefits
- 2017 Employer Seminar Presentation - Your Tax Account
- Fact Sheet 167 - Protecting your Business and Employees from Identity Theft
- New Lien Process and Recording Fees