The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Race Meet and Track Applications
Steward's Hearing & Appeals
Horse Racing originally was established by the Racing Act of 1933 to authorize and regulate pari-mutuel horse racing in Michigan. Currently, Horse Racing functions under the Horse Racing Law of 1995, as amended. Horse Racing objectives are achieved through the regulatory activities of the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB). These objectives include:
- Issuing track, race meeting, occupational licenses, and simulcasting permits
- Allocating racing dates and simulcasting schedules
- Collecting racing license and tax revenues
- Appointing stewards and veterinarians to represent the state
- Hearing appeals from decisions of stewards and on other matters
- Approving track appointed officials
- Monitoring the daily conduct of live and simulcast racing
- Conducting equine and human drug testing programs
- Investigating any irregularities in racing which may lead to formal hearings, administrative disciplinary actions and/or criminal prosecution
- Developing ways to improve and promote pari-mutuel horse racing in Michigan
Contact Horse Racing
Michigan Gaming Control Board
Office of the Executive Director
3062 W Grand Boulevard Suite L-700
Detroit, MI 48202-6062
Please make checks payable to: State of Michigan.
Track Office Phone Numbers:
- Stewards: 248-349-5337
- Licensing: 248-349-5458
- Veterinarian: 248-349-5511
- Fax: 248-349-9139
Contact Email Address:
Office Hours (Hours may be subject to change)
Live Racing Office Hours:
- Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday 1:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Off-Season Office Hours:
- Tuesday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.