Starting a new business? Find the information you need to get started right here.
- IRS Notice: Application for Employer Identification Number (EIN)
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) now requires the Application for Employer Identification Number (EIN), to clearly identify the applicant's true owner. All EIN applications (mail, fax, phone, and electronic) must disclose the name and taxpayer identification number of the true "responsible party" for the entity.
- Register for Streamlined Sales Tax Project
If you register for the Streamlined Sales Tax Project, you must also use this link to discontinue your streamline registration when you sell or discontinue your business.
- Michigan Business One Stop A fast, easy and secure way to register a business for taxes in the State of Michigan. It also allows you to perform a variety of tasks to start and operate a business, including applying for permits and licenses.
- E-file transactions are secure, confidential and processed in less than half the time of paper.
- View transactions, ask a question or review an answer to your question related to your Sales and Use Tax account