The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Senior Deputy Director of State Operations and Director of Strategic Planning
COL (Ret) Michael Price currently serves as the Senior Deputy Director of State Operations and Director of Strategic Planning for the Michigan Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.
Col. Michael J. Price retired in 2019 after a 30 year career. He was last assigned as the Senior Army Advisor to the Michigan Army National Guard on July 24, 2017. Performing these duties, COL Price advised the Michigan Adjutant General and his subordinate major commands on all things training, readiness, and employment for the Michigan Army National Guard.
Col. Price was commissioned into the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers following graduation from the United States Military Academy in 1989. In 1993, he was awarded a Master of Science degree in systems engineering from the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. In 1998, he was awarded a Master of Engineering degree in construction management from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Mich.
His previous assignments include:
- Platoon leader
- Executive officer
- Company C and adjutant
- 54th Engineer Battalion (Combat)
- Wildflecken, Germany; assistant operations officer and maintenance officer,
- 326th Engineer Battalion, and company commander
- 887th Engineer Company (Light Equipment) at Fort Campbell, Ky.;
- Project engineer for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Kansas City District in Kansas City, Mo.; division plans officer
- 10th Mountain Division, executive officer,
- 41st Engineer Battalion, and commander
- Division Special Troops Battalion
- 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.; joint engineer staff officer and special assistant to the commander,
- U.S. Northern Command and North American Aerospace Defense Command
- Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado Springs, Colo.; Commander
- St. Paul District U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; Commander Transatlantic Afghanistan District
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Deputy Direct of Training Headquarters Department of the Army
- DCG 3/5/7, the Pentagon
- Executive Officer to the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Work, The Pentagon
Price’s military education includes the Engineer Officer Basic and Advance Courses, Fort Belvoir, Va. Command and General Staff College and the School of Advanced Military Studies, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas and the U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
His awards and decorations include: The Legion of Merit, Bronze Star, Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Joint Services Commendation Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, National Defense Service Medal and the Southwest Asia Service Medal. He has also earned the Bronze Order of the De Fleury, Combat Action Badge, Parachutist Badge, Air Assault Badge, and the Sapper Tab.
His operational deployments include Operation DESERT STORM, Iraq, Operation ENDURING FREEDOM, Afghanistan, and Operation Freedom Sentinel, Afghanistan.
Mike is married to Teresa Bordui, both 1985 graduates of DeWitt High school, DeWitt, Michigan.