The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
DODDBHH Update - June 2021
- Director Annie Urasky will be the guest speaker for an interview with the newly appointed CEO for the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) as part of their virtual speaker series on June 12 with 275 MEDC employees. MEDC established internal agency virtual sessions as part of their efforts to shift as an organization toward a new strategic plan that recognizes economic development as a critical way to support income mobility and community revitalization needs in disadvantaged areas throughout Michigan.
- Annie participated in a virtual interview for the State of Michigan Good News employee newsletter hosted by DTMB with Lisa Kisiel from the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons (BSBP). The interview focused on personal perspectives on what accessibility means to us and why state employees should think about accessibility for their Departments when promoting programs and services.
- Alayna Lail is working on coordinating training sessions with the Department of Insurance and Financial Services (DIFS) to train their call center staff on how to effectively interact with callers who are deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing. Alayna will also be providing a training session for the state of Michigan ADA coordinators on Disability Cultural Competency from the DDBHH perspective on June 29.
- The DODDBHH team is currently undergoing interviews for the Intern posting.
- All programs and services related to Michigan certified interpreters have been moved from the Bureau of Professional Licensing to the Bureau of Community and Health Systems under LARA.