Flint families can get nutritious food at mobile pantry in June
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 31, 2019
CONTACT: Bob Wheaton, 517-241-2112
LANSING, Mich. – Flint families may get nutritious food that can limit the effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for June at locations throughout Flint.
All mobile food pantry sites distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron. Food available in June will include rhubarb, plums, peaches, nectarines, sweet corn, potatoes, and watermelon. More than $300 million has been provided to help the residents of Flint, including this initiative. Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last. June dates by location are:
- Calvary United Methodist Church, 2111 Flushing Road.
- Saturday, June 1, at 10:30 a.m.
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Hwy.
- Monday, June 3, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, June 10, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, June 17, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, June 24, at 10 a.m.
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road.
- Tuesday, June 4, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 11, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 18, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 25, at 10 a.m.
- Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Hwy.
- Thursday, June 6, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, June 13, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, June 20, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, June 27, at 10 a.m.
- My Brother’s Keeper, 601 N. Saginaw St.
- Friday, June 7, at 10 a.m.
- Flint Muslim Food Pantry, 4400 S. Saginaw St.
- Saturday, June 8, at 9 a.m.
- Second Chance Church, 5306 North St.
- Saturday, June 15, at 9 a.m.
- Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Wednesday, June 19, at 10 a.m.
- St. Luke’s NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Friday, June 21, at 10 a.m.
- Urban Renaissance Center, 2505 N. Chevrolet Ave.
- Tuesday, June 25, at 11 a.m.
- Divine Revelations, 6815 Verdun St.
- Friday, June 28, at 1 p.m.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations. They are Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
The three help center locations now have more proteins to distribute to Flint residents in addition to the produce that’s available at all locations. Along with the produce available at all locations, the three help center sites now have ground turkey and ground burger.
This schedule is subject to change, and information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled. For more information or to find out about any changes in the schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.
# # #