Information About Water Filters
NSF International, the public health and safety organization that tests and certifies residential drinking water filtration systems, has confirmed that the three water filters being distributed by officials in Flint, Michigan are currently certified by NSF International for lead reduction. View the Statement Regarding Flint Water System Lead Issue and Certification to NSF/ANSI Standard 53.
- 23-cup container--largest refrigerator filter dispenser available.
- On-hand pull & pour button spout.
- Easy-access fill--refill your dispenser while in the fridge.
- Completely dispenses all water
- Convenient, space-saving design.
- Built-in TDS meter holder
- Patented 5-stage dual ion exchange filter--removes virtually all dissolved solids in your water.
- Brita SAFF-100 faucet filter is easy to attach with spray and stream features of faucet water filtration
- It helps improve water quality by filtering out contaminants from water such as lead, chlorine and other impurities
- Brita SAFF-100 measures 10.1 x 6.4 x 3 inches and weighs 12 ounces It produces 100 gallons of filtered clean drinking water in quantity
- Brita SAFF-100 is an eco-friendly water filter that helps reduce plastic water bottle waste
With 1-click installation, superior contaminant removal, and a two-year warranty, there's never been an easier or more reliable way to get PUR water. Each PUR MineralClear water filter gives you 100 gallons of clean, healthy, great-tasting water.
- MineralClear filters water over natural minerals for a crisp, refreshing taste - Only available with Advanced and Advanced Plus Faucet Water Filters
- Filter removes 99% of lead and 96% of mercury, along with many other contaminants
- Compatible with standard faucets. Will not work with pull-out or hand-held faucets
- Each filter provides up to 100 gallons of clean water
A water test will show if your water is above or below the actionable level of 15 ppb lead. To get your water tested, pick up a water test kit at one of the water resource sites. Follow the instructions and drop it off at the same location. The DEQ will mail you your results and will also post them online.
Filters have been shown to be effective in the removal of lead when they are installed and maintained properly. Change your filter cartridge following the instructions that came with your filter.
Periodically cleaning your faucet aerator will also help remove trapped lead particulates. Lt. Gov. Brian Calley shows how to clean faucet aerators.
Residents are encouraged to use filtered water regularly. Using tap water refreshes the water in the pipes, which helps to build the protective layer and reduce lead.
If your water results are over 100 ppb, the DEQ will check your home for lead sources, such as fixtures or a lead service line. The Michigan Department of Community Health will also consult with you on how to minimize lead exposure.
How - to - Videos
Flint residents can obtain water filters and water filter replacement cartridges M-F 8am-5pm at the Flint City Hall information desk, 1101 Saginaw St., Flint MI 48502. Filters and replacements are also available at Help Centers, and other designated sites throughout the city on selected days.
For a list of filter availability locations and times, go to CityOfFlint.com/How-Can-I-Help/
Water Testing Kits are available at the information desk Monday through Friday between the hours of 10:00 am and 2:00 pm at Flint City Hall, 1101 Saginaw St., Flint, MI 48502.
For more information regarding water filters or water ...