Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program (MISGP)
The Departments of Natural Resources, Environmental Quality and Agriculture and Rural Development work together to address strategic issues of prevention, detection, eradication, and control for both terrestrial and aquatic invasive species in Michigan.
This program is designed to address strategic issues of prevention, detection, eradication and control for both terrestrial invasive species (TIS) and aquatic invasive species (AIS) in Michigan. Projects must support the overalls goals of the MISGP:
Prevent new invasive species introductions.
Strengthen statewide invasive species early detection and response network.
Limit the dispersal of recently confirmed invasive species.
Manage and control widespread, long-established invasive species.
Specific priorities and scoring criteria can be found in the MISGP handbook. Proposals will be recommended for funding based on a combination of scoring criteria, project type, project metrics, geographic location and available funding.
- Local, state*, federal or tribal units of government
- Non-profit organizations
*State agencies should contact the MISGP contact prior to preparing an application.
- On May 2 a request for proposals will be issued.
- The pre-proposal deadline is June 13.
- Invitations for Full proposals July 31.
- Full proposal deadline September 28
- Awards announced December 2018/January 2019
Applicants must submit a pre-proposal in early June and a full proposal in mid-to-late September.
Dollar Amount Available:
The minimum grant amount is $25,000 with maximum grant amounts between $60,000 and $400,000 depending on the type of project.
Part 5 of Act 451, P.A. 1994, as amended.
Kammy Frayre, 517-284-5970, email@example.com
Grant Program-Funded Projects
- 2018 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program - Accepted pre-proposals
- 2017 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program-Funded Projects
- 2016 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program-Funded Projects
- 2015 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program-Funded Projects
- 2014 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program-Funded Projects