Public Notice - July 27, 2020 Civil Rights Commission Meeting
Michigan Civil Rights Commission
Notice of Public Meeting on July 27, 2020
Monday, July 27, 2020, 5:00 P.M.
This meeting will be held virtually.
The Michigan Civil Rights Commission will be meeting virtually using videoconferencing on Monday, July 27, 2020 at 5 PM. This action is being taken in accordance with Governor Whitmer's Executive Order 2020-75, which provides temporary authorization of remote participation in public meetings and hearings and temporary relief from monthly meeting requirements for school boards, which allows electronic meetings for legislative bodies.
The Commission meeting may be viewed in the following manner:
- Via Zoom: To participate online via Zoom, click this link: https://remotecounsel.zoom.us/j/95311440668
- By phone: To participate by phone, call one of these numbers: US: +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782. Webinar ID: 953 1144 0668
- To view the MCRC meeting via Facebook, go to https://facebook.com/midcr
- To view the meeting on YouTube, go to https://youtu.be/pLTa7DnTItE
Public Comment: To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand within the Zoom application.
- Telephone participants: Raise your hand by pressing *9
- Web participants: Raise your hand by clicking raise hand in the application or pressing
- Windows computer = [ALT] + [Y]
- Apple computers = [OPTION] + [Y]
To be consistent with how Public Comment is handled for in-person meetings:
- You will be called on in the order in which your hand is raised.
- All time limits set by the meeting Chair will still be enforced.
- Any hands raised after the Chair ends submission of public comments will not be able to speak at the meeting.
All interested persons are invited to be present and be heard as to their views. Persons making oral presentations are encouraged to also submit comments in writing through 5 pm on Saturday, July 25 to MCRC-Comments@michigan.gov. All written comments received by Saturday at 5 pm will be reviewed before the Commission meeting on Monday, July 27.
During the meeting, members of the news media should direct questions to Vicki Levengood by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by text at 517-775-0558.
Those who need mobility, visual, hearing, foreign language, written and/or other assistance for effective participation may request an accommodation by calling 800-482-3604 or e-mail at MDCR-INFO@michigan.gov. Requests cannot be guaranteed, but efforts will be made to provide the accommodation requested. ASL Interpreters have been secured for Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals, and the meeting will be captioned.