Notice: Midwestern Dental will cease operations and all enrolled employees will be automatically transferred to the State Dental Plan, effective May 30, 2020. Employees have until June 30, 2020 to waive or elect different dental coverage by contacting MI HR Service Center at 877-766-6447.
Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage for Adult Children: Changes to economic benefits under new collective bargaining agreements and commission approvals will take effect in October. Employees will be able to add dependent adult children for dental and vision benefits during the annual Insurance Open Enrollment (IOE) in August to take effect October 6, 2019. Until then, dependent adult children can enroll only if unmarried, dependent on the employee for at least 50% of their support, and enrolled in and regularly attending an accredited educational institution. Until October, an adult child cannot be added unless there is a qualifying life event (e.g., new college enrollment) allowing mid-year changes.
Dental Benefit Information
- Active Employees Delta Dental Booklet
- Active Employees Dental Plan Comparison Chart
- Dental Maintenance Organization (DMO) Benefit Chart
- Active Employees Preventive Dental Booklet
- Retiree Dental Booklet
- Delta Dental: Understanding In-Network Options (Video)
- Delta Dental: Understanding Your Explanation of Benefits (Video)
- Midwestern Dental DMO Out-of-Area Waiver