The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Conditions of SOM Employment
Please note the following conditions that apply to employment with the State of Michigan:
- Prior to hire, an individual must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test.
- In accordance with federal law, all new employees must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within three business days of beginning employment.
- If you accept a position with the State of Michigan, you will be paid by means of an electronic funds transfer into an account at your financial institution, unless to do so would cause an undue hardship.
- All employees of the State of Michigan must obtain approval from the departmental appointing authority before engaging in supplemental employment.
- The Civil Service Rules and Regulations, collective bargaining agreements, and appointing authorities may also establish additional conditions of employment for positions.