Communications Unit Work Group (COMU WG)
The Communications Unit Work Group (COMU WG) is a designated group of public safety and related personnel with extensive experience in public safety communications. The group serves as subject-matter experts to the Michigan Public Safety Communications Interoperability Board (MPSCIB).
The COMU WG has undertaken several projects to enhance communications operability and interoperability for public safety personnel within Michigan. These projects included:
- Development of the Michigan COMU personnel recognition procedure, which identifies the process to be followed by personnel seeking recognition as a Communications Unit Leader or Communications Unit Technician. This procedure was approved by the MPSCIB.
- Selection of technical assistance offerings for Michigan from the Interoperable Communications Technical Assistance Program (ICTAP) offered by the Department of Homeland Security Office of Emergency Communications.
- Participation in an ICTAP standard operating procedure workshop to begin development of standard operating procedures for interoperable communications in Michigan.
Bryce Tracy, Chair
Ray Hasil, Vice Chair
- Regional COMT TtT Course
Register NOW! Indianapolis, October 7 – 11, 2019
Applications due September 6, 2019.
For the CISA Emergency Communications Annual Training Calendar and more information on how to register for a course, click here .
- COMT Class
Register Now! Sept. 23-27, Charlotte, MI
- AUXCOMM Class
Register Now! August 17-18, 2019 AUXCOMM: Munising, MI
- 2018 COMMEX AAR
Interoperable Communications Info
- Michigan Field Operations Guide (MIFOG)
- CASM User Account Request / Approval Form
- Michigan Bureau of EMS & Trauma Preparedness MEDCOM Plan
- Michigan Mutual Aid Communications Standard Operating Guidelines
- Michigan Statewide Communication Interoperability Plan (SCIP)
- National Emergency Communications Plan from US DHS
- National Interoperability Field Operations Guide