The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Communications Unit Work Group
Communications Unit Work Group (COMU WG)
The Communications Unit Work Group (COMU WG) is a designated group of public safety and related personnel with extensive experience in public safety communications. The group serves as subject-matter experts to the Michigan Public Safety Communications Interoperability Board (MPSCIB).
The COMU WG has undertaken several projects to enhance communications operability and interoperability for public safety personnel within Michigan.
These projects included:
- Development of the Michigan COMU personnel recognition procedure, which identifies the process to be followed by personnel seeking recognition as a Communications Unit Leader or Communications Unit Technician. This procedure was approved by the MPSCIB.
- Selection of technical assistance offerings for Michigan from the Interoperable Communications Technical Assistance Program (ICTAP) offered by the Department of Homeland Security Office of Emergency Communications.
- Participation in an ICTAP standard operating procedure workshop to begin development of standard operating procedures for interoperable communications in Michigan.
Information on MI COMU WG activities may be obtained from this website, our brochure or by contacting the work group at DTMB-MICOMU@michigan.gov.
Ray Hasil, Chair
Mason-Oceana 911 Director
Nick Carpenter, Vice Chair
Grand Traverse 911 System Support Specialist
Interoperable Communications Info
- CASM User Account Request Approval Form Download
- Michigan Bureau of EMS and Trauma Preparedness MEDCOM Plan Download
- Michigan Field Operations Guide MIFOG Download
- Michigan Mutual Aid Communications Standard Operating Guidelines Download
- Michigan Statewide Communication Interoperability Plan SCIP Download
Interoperable Communications Technical Assistance Program
Click below to be taken to where the most current version of the Emergency Communications Technical Assistance (TA) Planning Guide can be downloaded: