The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Radios, Consoles, Pagers and Sirens
Approved Radios, Consoles and Pagers
After evaluation by the Michigan Public Safety Communications staff for compliance with the established MPSCS technical and operational standards, the radios and dispatch consoles listed below have met those requirements and are eligible for use on the MPSCS by MPSCS members.
Please contact the MPSCS Template Design Unit (TDU) or Radio Programming Unit (RPU) for individual model compatibility with features such as:
- OTAR (Over The Air Rekeying of encryption keys)
- Console features and functions
800 MHz Fire Paging
In March 2016, Michigan’s Public Safety Communications System began offering its 800 MHz fire paging solution. The service is catching on, as many local fire departments are finding it to be a cost-effective way to improve operational efficiency.
The need for this standardized system was brought about in part by the Federal Communications Commission’s narrow band mandate that went into effect January 1, 2013. Considerable coverage was lost in the change to analog narrow band, often requiring dispatch centers to invest precious financial resources in standalone, analog simulcast systems to be used for local paging.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Guidelines
- Kenwood cleaning and disinfecting guidelines Download
- Kenwood radio cleaning and disinfecting guidelines Download
- L3HARRIS radio cleaning and disinfecting guidelines Download
- Motorola Solutions radio cleaning and disinfecting guidelines Download
- Unication cleaning and disinfecting guidelines Download
Radio Reference Guides
- APX 1000 Quick Reference Card Download
- APX 4000 M3 Quick Reference Card Download
- APX 6000 Model Quick ReferenceCard Download
- APX 7000 Quick Reference Card Download
- APX 7500 O3 Control Head Quick Reference Guide Download
- APX 8000 ModeI Quick Reference Guide Download
- APX 8000 Model III Quick Reference Guide Download
- APX O3 Mobile Layout Download
- APX O5 Mobile Layout Download
- APX Portable Layout Download
- APX7 500 O5 Control Head Quick Reference Guide Download
- O7 Control Head Mobile Radio Reference Guide Download
- W5 Quick Reference Card Download