LymTal International, Inc. (Lake Orion, Oakland County)
EGLE Site Lead: Kevin Wojciechowski, WojciechowskiK@Michigan.gov or586-623-2948. Webpage last updated February 23, 2022.
LymTal International, Inc., located at 4150 South Lapeer Road, is a manufacturer and installer of waterproofing products. On October 19, 2021, EGLE received a Notice of Migration stating that PFAS-contaminated groundwater had migrated off the site. The company is looking to sell the property and business and the groundwater investigation was conducted because of a possible property transaction.
Groundwater flow direction is to the northeast.
Drinking water samples were collected from the Orion Lakes mobile home park as part of the statewide PFAS sampling in 2018. The mobile home park drinking water wells were non-detect for PFAS.
- On October 19, 2021, EGLE received the Notice of Migration from LymTal which included groundwater sampling results. The highest results were 35,000 ppt for PFHxS, 49,000 ppt for PFOS, 2,200 ppt for PFOA, and 10,000 ppt for PFBS.
- October 2021, EGLE met with LymTal and their consultant to discuss the sampling results and the owners’ obligations under Part 201.
- November 2021, based on a review of Wellogic, EGLE visited five residential homes northeast of the site to check if any residents in the neighborhood were still drinking well water. All five homes were connected to city water; however, some of the drinking water wells were being used as irrigation wells.
- February 2022, Oakland County Health Department identified four residential homes in need of sampling. EGLE will be sampling these homes.
- EGLE will continue to visit residential properties to confirm use of the wells (irrigation or drinking) and conduct sampling.
- In 2022, EGLE anticipates collecting fish and surface water samples from Lower Trout Lake, northeast of the facility.
Residential Wells / Alternative Water Information
- Oakland County Health Department and the local unit of government completed a reverse water bill lookup to find anyone within a mile of the site utilizing a drinking water well. Four drinking water wells were identified northeast of the site.EGLE visited some residential properties where Wellogic indicted a well existed, but discovered the wells were utilized for irrigation only or no longer in use for drinking water. EGLE will be requesting property access to sample the four drinking water wells and approximately 10 irrigation wells northeast of the site.
Upcoming Community Engagement
- None scheduled at this time.
Sampling Results Summary
Type of Sample
Date Sampled (or Range)
Number of Sample Results Received
Number of Samples above Criteria*
Groundwater Monitoring Wells
|April 2, 2021 and June 6, 2021||7||7|
- None at this time.