Webinars and Seminars
You may think that you’ll learn about retirement when the time comes. The reality is that retirement will be here sooner than you think. You’re at an ideal place in your career to learn about your retirement plan and be confident in your knowledge and the decisions you’ll make for your future following public school employment.
Attending one of the presentations below will help you get started.
A PRIM lasts about two-hours and is an opportunity for members expecting to retire within five years to learn more about their retirement plan so they can make informed decisions about their future.
- Choosing a pension payment option
- Eligibility requirements
- Calculating retirement benefits
- Insurance after retirement
- Questions and answers
You might wish to download the Retirement Readiness book to review before the meeting begins.
Sign up for a PRIM meeting in your area on the calendar below.
These two hour workshops are for members hired before July 1, 2010 and are six to ten years from retirement.
- Importance of early planning
- Time value of money and compounding
- Social Security
- Sources of retirement income
- Setting goals and developing a plan
Sign up for a PYF meeting in your area on the calendar below.
Note: If the facility is closed due to inclement weather or for any other reason, the meeting is canceled.
Check back often as new dates are added throughout the season.
- PRIM - Lansing Date: January 24, 2017 Time: 05:30 PM - 07:30 PM Description:
Pre-Retirement Information Meeting, for those within 5 years of retirement
Lansing Community College
419 North Capitol Avenue
Lansing, MI 48901
- PYF - Macomb ISD Date: January 31, 2017 Time: 05:00 PM - 07:00 PM Description:
Picture Your Future Meeting, for members hired before July 1, 2010 and are six to ten years from retirement.
Central Training Rooms
Clinton Township, MI 48038