- Here are some helpful questions and answers about foster care
- Entering Foster Care
- Foster Parents
- Foster Care Plans
- School, Legal, Jobs
- And a lot more
- Your rights in Foster Care
If you feel your rights are being violated, contact a caseworker, attorney, or foster parent immediately.
- Contact your Caseworker at a local DHS County Office or use this on-line search to find a phone number and email address.
- Michigan Youth Opportunities Initiative (MYOI)
(Formerly Jim Casey Youth Opportunities Initiative)
- Key Components of MYOI
- Independent Living Services
- Contact your Independent Living Services Coordinator
- Casey Life Skills Assessment Here you will find free and easy to use tools that help young people prepare for adulthood.
- Foster Youth & Alumni
These foster youth are high achievers!
- Voice 1 - fifteen statements from the youth board
- Voice 2 - our top ten priorities
- Voice 3 - discussing Issues and concerns of Michigan youth in foster care, 2010
- The "Soaring Spirit" newsletter from Macomb County MYOI Youth Board The "Soaring Spirit" newsletter from Macomb County MYOI Youth Board
- The national network for Foster Youth in Foster Care. Each week, a new question is posted at FosterClub. It's your chance to speak out on issues effecting youth in Foster Care.
- Jim Casey Youth Opportunities Initiative Check this site regularly for new and interesting stories about Michigan youth and activities, as well as youth around the country.