The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Fact Sheet for Legal Providers
Did you know?
Legal settings include:
- Forensic Psychiatric Evaluations
- Evaluations of a Legal Nature
- Emergency Broadcasts
- Legal Workshops or Training
- Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) (legal subject matter)
- Children’s Protective Services (CPS)
Providers in these settings must seek qualified Michigan certified interpreters eligible to work in Standard Level 3 settings with a Legal Endorsement.
Providers should engage in an interactive process with the individual who requests the accommodation in order to ensure effective communication is achieved.
Providers may search the Online Interpreter System for qualified interpreters.