People drink for many reasons; some are positive and some negative. While drinking alcohol is not necessarily a problem, drinking too much or in combination with other factors can result in a variety of negative health, personal, and family consequences. Below you will find informational links to help you learn more about the use of alcohol, and alcohol use disorder tools and resources if needed.
Facts and Information
- National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- Alcohol and Older Adults
- Underage Drinking Myths and Facts (PDF)
- College Drinking (PDF)
Screening Tools and Resources
- Rethinking Drinking: Alcohol and Your Health is an interactive tool that offers valuable, research-based information for anyone who drinks.
- Anonymous Alcohol Screening Tool offered online by ESP provides immediate feedback and resources. Additional screenings are also available.
- “Talk. They Hear You.” App helps you prepare for one of the most important conversations you may ever have with you kids about underage drinking.
- What Types of Alcohol Treatment are Available?