The use of addictive substances can be a difficult issue to discuss and overcome. It can impact all life areas including physical, emotional and relational health. Knowing what to say to a loved one as well as where to find support can make a difference. Below is information and resources to assist State of Michigan employees and their family members in becoming more educated about a variety of substances.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- SAMSHA: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
- Today’s Heroin Epidemic (PDF)
- What Parents Need to Know About Marijuana Use and Teens (PDF)
- Electronic Cigarettes
- The Anonymous Substance Use Screening Tool offered online by ESP provides immediate feedback and resources. Additional screenings are also available.
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Nicotine Anonymous
- State of Michigan Active Employee Tobacco Cessation Benefits
Information on what your State of Michigan insurance plan covers to help you quit smoking